When your car arrives, there are a few things that need to be considered when signing for your car. This guide will help you out.
What happens on the day of delivery?
On the day, the driver will call you approximately one hour before they are due to arrive at the address.
The delivery driver will give a brief handover of the vehicle. In most circumstances your vehicle will be in perfect condition, but in the event that it’s not, it’s important that any issues are noted upon delivery so that we can get them resolved quickly. Here’s some things to look for:
- Check the paintwork for scratches, stone chips, swirls, etc.
- Check the alloy wheels for any damage
- Check the windscreen for cracks or chips
- Check the engine warning lights
- Check the interior and exterior colour are correct
- Check the sat nav is working
- Check any options listed on the order form, one by one
- Check the interior for any scuffs or damage
- Check that you have the locking wheel nuts
Ask the delivery driver to note any of the above on the sheet. You should also note down any of the following:
- If the car is dirty
- If the light, or conditions, are poor
- If there is less than one quarter of a tank of fuel
Once this is all done, take a photo of the sheet for your records. If you have noted any issues with the vehicle, make sure to take photographs.